Wednesday, March 10, 2010

a NEW project

My Grandma Clarice is a wonderful quilter.
She was always giving us quilts for our baby dolls or lap quilts made from her stash of fabrics. I of course as a teenager didn't recognize her talent as anything more than the fact that she could sew. Now she is in her 80's and doesn't quilt as much. So my chance for her to teach me has past and yet my desire to learn is just now growing. Below is the fabric for my first attempt at piecing a quilt. No I haven't started and yes I've had the material for over a month now. But once I get that itch I will get this done! Oh and if anyone reading happens to be a master quilter, please don't hold back, I'm gonna need all the help I can get!



3 comments:

Sarah said...

You can totally do this Christy! I am glad to help you. Pick a day next week and we'll get started.

adventure knitter said...

you can do it kitty!!

lovebeingamom said...

I love the material. I know the results will be beautiful!