Saturday, March 15, 2008

What am I thinking?


Just after Christmas while eating lunch at Ruby's Inn with Colleen and her family I jokingly suggested to Drew that we run the half marathon from Bryce Canyon to Cannonville together. Of course Drew thought it was a great idea while I was mostly joking.
So now here I am waiting for my clothes to dry so I can go running with a friend this morning. That's right, I'm training for a half marathon! I figured it would be easier to be motivated if I had a friend to help push me cuz sometimes when Drew is the motivator I get kinda cranky towards him. It works for both of us this way.
I will probably keep a journal on the side bar of how I'm doing for those interested. I know it's not the most exciting thing to read about but I need all the motivation I can get. I ran a mile each day this week to prepare myself for this morning with the intention of starting with a mile and each day going a bit further. It's harder than I thought it would be. I kept expecting it to get easier. I'll let you know how I do today.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

You go girl!! I'm excited to hear how it goes!

Leah said...

You are a brave woman, I am impressed.

Christy said...

ya the run this morning didn't work out so well - I mostly walked but I'm going to keep with it and hopefully it will get easier.

adventure knitter said...

wow! that's awesome! I'm not motivated to do anything like that! go kitty!!