Thursday, March 13, 2008

Graycen's First Hair Cut

So Wynn was given his first pair of scissors......need I say more? I explained what he was allowed to cut and how to hold them and not to walk or run with them. I thought I was very clear on the importance of only cutting paper. I guess I wasn't.

After I caught Wynn trying to cut one of Drew's shirts I went through it again and I added that he should keep them away from his sister.

Well after he put them away I went to change Graycen's diaper and as I laid her down.....hair everywhere.....She had this one piece that was really long that came down the side of her head by her ear and it was really dark and I loved it. It was so cute. Now it's sitting in an envelope as I contemplate whether it's gross to keep it. Any suggestions? I know that my mom kept a braid of my hair, from when I was 8 or something, in an envelope and one day my sister Sharyn and her daughter McCall came across it and it freaked them out so let me know if I should keep it or not. It made me really sad that it got cut off but oh well it's just hair right?

3 comments:

adventure knitter said...

Oh no! I'd keep it and put it in her scrapbook. It's just a lock of hair...not a braid. If that happened to my girls I'd put it in their scrapbook w/ the story of how it was cut off...

Leah said...

keep it, I kept all first hair cuts. You'll be sad if you don't. Kate cut off one of emma's pony tails one time. Emma had to have bangs after that.

Sarah said...

I'm so sorry! But I say keep it. I have locks of hair from each of my kids' first haircuts.