Monday, March 03, 2008

Pig-Latin

After a pretty crazy week with Drew being gone and both kids sick I'm glad that Drew is home and the kids are no longer sick.

Drew was in San Diego for another conference which is the biggest change since he started his new job. He is doing extremely well for himself and although it's not his dream job he is working really hard.

We discovered one night at the dinner table that Wynn can understand pig-latin. Drew was asking me when Wynn was going to take a bath but said bath in pig-latin. Wynn pipes up and says "but i don't want to take a bath" I was shocked!! Drew proceeded to say a few more words, most of which Wynn could understand. That's just so crazy to me mostly because I don't even understand pig-latin.

Graycen had an ear infection for most of last week and was much grumpier than usual. She is growing so quickly and her personality is so fun. She absolutely adores Wynn and still wants to be held constantly which has caused my house to not be quite as clean as it used to be.

I have put together a joy school for Wynn to go to. I decided since I don't have much desire to send Wynn to Head Start that I had better get him involved in something. So once a week for 2 hours he will get to spend time with 4 other kids his age. I only have to host it once every 5 weeks which will be perfect. I have set up a blog that we will be updating weekly with projects and crafts that he and the other kids have done. I am really excited about it and hopefully it will be a success.

I know it doesn't look like much in the picture but I was really proud of myself so that's why i took the picture i guess. It was so good - Baked Salmon fillets with stir-fried Asparagus and golden potatoes all drizzled with a garlic butter sauce. YUM YUM.

4 comments:

adventure knitter said...

hey! a fun website you should check out for Wynn's school is preschoolexpress.com They have great monthly activities, songs, patterns, etc...it's very cute!

Leah said...

Yummy you should be proud of yourself, will you make that for me when we get there?

Sarah said...

Christy,
I've done a home preschool for a total of 3 years. If you want any ideas, etc. let me know. Have fun! And your dinner looks quite tasty. I'm with Leah, when she's here we're putting you in charge of dinner!

Christy said...

thanks for the great tips guys. And Leah I will make you dinner and mail it to you!!