Saturday, March 19, 2011

mini GROWERS pt. 1

Spring is almost here! I am so determined to have our own veggie garden this year. I have always wanted to grow a garden full of corn, tomatoes, peppers etc. So since I have the perfect spot (will feature this in another post), that won't require too much work I will have a garden this year.

Now, since I am a rookie, I am not sure if I am too late or too early but today the kids and I planted a few seeds in a grow box so they have a chance to get started. We did Jalapeno Peppers, Bell Peppers and Spearmint. I am crossing my fingers and hoping it works out.






Wynn was not at all interested, but he did humor me and join in. Although he did keep asking when he could go play. Gracie on the other hand had a good time and wanted to plant more.

Other seeds to plant when it warms up a bit (and when I get back from our trip) - Corn, Green Beans, Basil, Oregano, Strawberries, and maybe pumpkins. I will also be investing in some tomato plants! I love a warm tomato straight out of the garden YUM!





Since we've only lived in our house for 6 months I've noticed that we have tulips galore, some daffodils, bleeding heart and my absolute favorite - lilac. I'm so happy that I don't have to go buy a plant and wait for it to mature. Wahoo. So ready and excited for spring. Any ideas, tips, or plants/veggies you've enjoyed growing? Please share.

No comments: