
This was the 2nd Christmas that we've stayed home and I must say I love it. There's no running around visiting a million people, no living out of a suitcase and the stresses of loading and unloading the truck are just a few reasons why it's great to stay home on Christmas. So I made a turkey dinner with mashed potatoes, dilled carrots, rolls and my friend Dayna made a delicious gravy with sage and thyme - yum. We had Dayna over, she's single and doesn't have family in the area and she's a fabulous cook - it's alway fun for me to have people over. So we didn't do too much just the usual stuff. The Christmas train did get stuck in the snow so Drew ran down to dig it out and saved Christmas. Wynn loves the Christmas train, it drives around town twice a year and always on Christmas Eve so we all stood in the doorway with the snow falling to watch it drive by.

I love snow on Christmas. It was a great Christmas Eve even though I came across one of my presents a little earlier than Drew wanted me too - oops. Hope you all had a great holiday too.
3 comments:
Okay, you have successfully made me cry. I missed the Christmas train this year, not to mention my house and friends!!!!
What was the present?
It was a carpet cleaner - he cleaned all my carpets that night at like 1 in the morning.
Post a Comment