Friday, October 17, 2008

School's Out

Wynn has been out of school since Tuesday and doesn't go back till Tuesday. He really is a fun boy to have around but with me working 2 jobs and trying to keep a house clean (I am slowly learning that a clean house is not that important) and spend time with Drew, and have time for myself that I don't have the energy to keep up with HIS energy. It might have a little bit to do with the fact that here I am at almost 1 am updating this blog. But this isn't normal for me I am usually crashed on the couch by 10 or 11. Anyway back to Wynn; school has been such a great outlet for him and for me. I spent my first day as a "helper" last Monday so I was able to see him in action. He is such a leader. The kids are just drawn to him. He makes up games and scenarios that the other kids go along with. Although he has a hard time paying attention to his teachers (slightly ADHD?) and has no interest in arts and crafts he does have such an imagination.  Miss Andrea (one of his teachers) read them a story about a special star that carries this little girl around from house to house and she has a great time seeing all sorts of things and so on....so later Miss Andrea is asking all the kids one on one what they would do with their own SPECIAL STAR. I was lucky enough to overhear Wynn say without a second thought "I'd get rid of it" and that was it. Most of the other kids went on and on about going to everyone's house and flying around and on and on. Not Wynn - he'd get rid of it. Man I love him so much....I love that after a hard and trying day of him pushing me to the limits, I can just love him. 

That's all I got. 

The early stages of his Storm Trooper costume

No comments: