Monday, August 25, 2008

#1 way to kill a cow

Sunday Morning 3am : Drew and I decided after an evening of watching Wynn curl in pain that he needed to go to the hospital. So Drew loads him up and heads out. 30 minutes later I got a phone call from Drew......he hit a cow. I was shocked....that was the last thing we needed especially after the day we had already had. He said the ambulance was on its way to pick them up and take them to the hospital. Luckily Drew and Wynn walked away without a scratch. I wish we could say the same for the cow which got his butt slammed into then was dragged under the truck and then ran off (hopefully by now its dead). So after a night of no sleep I got up and then had to try to figure out how I was going to get to the hospital to pick up the boys, but not knowing when or if they would be done and having no idea what was wrong with Wynn. I just want to say thanks to Monika who came thru for us by running primary all by herself and loaning us a car that we were able to use until today. Thanks so much. 

So the verdict for Wynn is that he has a stomach bug which he should be over with by now but is still complaining about. I don't know what to do for the poor kid. He missed his 1st day of school. Or should I say, his first first day of school. It breaks my heart. He is the strongest boy I know. After staying up all night was able to make the paramedics laugh the whole way to the hospital while his stomach was hurting, he endured a cat scan, having his blood drawn, finger pricked and drank some nasty medicine camouflaged as juice. He probably didn't need to go to the hospital but when you live an hour and 10 minutes away better safe than sorry. 

6 comments:

Jessica said...

Holly Crap! That seriously sucks, I am so sorry this happened to you guys. :(

Matt said...

Hang in there, Mr. Wynn!

Will Revenue said...

How is the automobile??
I love that the cow just ran off... I'll be watching for some angry cow with a vengence somewhere wandering the streets of ghost towns in Central Utah.

Sarah said...

Fax wants to know how many farm animals Andy is planning on running over in his life time. As far as we know the tally is: 1 duck, 1 cow. Are there any more we don't know about? I'll warn my neighbors that own a chicken. I hope Wynn's feeling better. We miss you guys!

Sarah Jackson said...

I hope Wynn is feeling better! That's scary. And I'm sure the cow thing was scary too but I was totally laughing while I was reading that part. I've never heard of someone hitting a cow...

Christy said...

I know....it is kinda funny. The sad thing is that there are cows all over the place, there are even road signs for cow crossing. Just another reminder that we need to get out of this place.