Today I was sustained as the Primary President. I know right? Shocking....insane....unexpected. So I'm very excited but the more I think about it the more I realize that I don't know anything about the primary program. I haven't been in a presidency since Mia Maids so the task of finding counselors was a bit intimidating. I think I have a good group of ladies and they seemed excited about the new changes today.
This will be a lot of work but am looking forward to being involved in the ward. Those of you who have had the opportunity to serve in the primary I would love some ideas.
7 comments:
That is sweet! Primary is the best, good luck. I haven't been in a primary presisdency since Kate was a newborn, so I have nothing, but I bet Sarah could give you lots of fun and useful info.
Sarah is a great idea...thanks Leah.
Here are my suggestions:
1. Force everyone, including Andy, Wynn and Graycen, to refer to you at all times as President Fosse. That's just a given.
2. No more Timbaland and Linkin Park on your blog. Only primary songs. Do you want this to turn into General Primary President or not? You have to work for it!
3. No matter who you are talking to, act like you are speaking to a three year old. Really, this is just good fun.
4. Have fun! I'm sure you'll be great.
Congrats! Wow! You're going to be great! Can I come to your primary instead of my Relief Society??
Honestly, I love Primary. It's awesome. I have served in every woman-run organization in the church and Primary is hands-down the best. I would be happy to talk to you about it anytime. HAVE FUN! (That's what Primary is all about.)
I am excited for you Christy! I was recently released as a councelor in the primary, best calling I've ever had!
Ooh! The big time! Congrats, lady. You'll be great.
Post a Comment