Saturday, May 10, 2008

A new job, a new hair color, a new outlook on life.....

Well a lot has happened this week. Let's paint a picture of a normal week for me - An occasional 5 minute trip to the store, 2 hours of joy school for Wynn, making dinner, cleaning house, and hardly leaving our house, oh and talking on the phone with friends or my mom. So this week I had to drive Graycen 40 minutes to the clinic cuz I thought she might have ear infections and I was right so from there I had to go another 20 minutes to the pharmacy so my doctor trip took 3 hours total - talk about a long morning. Anyway so that afternoon when I picked up Drew he suggested I get a job application at the Outfitter's (a local tourist trap with good food and nice souvenirs) So I walk in extremely nervous and the owner (Dennis) comes down and has me fill out an application and then interviews me. During the interview and after asking me only a few questions about myself we start figuring out a schedule. I got a job!!! That's right, I am the newest waitress at the Outfitter's. Awesome right? So I started on Thursday and it's been non stop for me since then. I am working every night till Tuesday and it's great being able to meet people that are passing through and meet the people I work with. You would think that after living in a place so small for 3 years that I would know the majority of everyone that lived here. That is not the case.




Another new change this week is I had my hair colored! I love it. It's so great to have hair that's one color and not 2. The blonde with the red regrowth was just so yucky. I feel like a new person, I feel energized and alive and fabulous. I love being a mom and spending time with my kids and my husband but this job has given me an extra boost of self esteem and something out of the usual to look forward to. Who knows after a few months I'll feel differently but for now I'm on top of the world.


4 comments:

adventure knitter said...

oooh! a red head kitty! cute!

Leah said...

you go girl! Love the red, do you need me to babysit while you're at work, we want Wynn and Gracie. Happy Mother's Day!

Jessica said...

How exciting! Can't wait to see the new do in person! See you in 2 weeks!

Jamie! said...

You're firey red! It's gorgeous!