Well poor baby Graycen has the worst diaper rash I have ever seen. I've spoken with a nurse from her pediatricians office and she gave me some great things to try but I thought I would ask everyone for their ideas of what works and what doesn't.
Hey some diaper rashes can actually be yeast infections that have to be treated with antifungal meds. I know Andy had one like that when he was a baby. You should ask your doctor about that. Good luck, I hope she starts feeling better soon.
My doctor suggested when Brook was little that I always make sure to dry her off after diaper changes -toilet paper (strangely enough) work really well. And then he said, some children are sensitive to products like desitin, so he suggested using Vaseline. I hope this helps and that she feels better soon. I tried telling Andy this and he said, "You mean we shouldn't put BenGay on it?" He's so cheeky, how do you do it, Christy?
I use the thick Eucerin (sp??) cream...it goes on super duper thick...but it worked with Meg when she was really little. And we used wet paper towels instead of wipes to clean her off.
Thanks you guys - I did talk to the nurse about it being a yeast infection - but of course living down here they have none of the products she suggested. Drew did tell me to completely dry off the area like you suggested Sarah but I haven't tried vaseline. Poor Baby G.
4 comments:
Hey some diaper rashes can actually be yeast infections that have to be treated with antifungal meds. I know Andy had one like that when he was a baby. You should ask your doctor about that. Good luck, I hope she starts feeling better soon.
My doctor suggested when Brook was little that I always make sure to dry her off after diaper changes -toilet paper (strangely enough) work really well. And then he said, some children are sensitive to products like desitin, so he suggested using Vaseline. I hope this helps and that she feels better soon. I tried telling Andy this and he said, "You mean we shouldn't put BenGay on it?" He's so cheeky, how do you do it, Christy?
I use the thick Eucerin (sp??) cream...it goes on super duper thick...but it worked with Meg when she was really little. And we used wet paper towels instead of wipes to clean her off.
Thanks you guys - I did talk to the nurse about it being a yeast infection - but of course living down here they have none of the products she suggested. Drew did tell me to completely dry off the area like you suggested Sarah but I haven't tried vaseline. Poor Baby G.
Post a Comment